Harvest Moon: Back to Nature Guides and Walkthroughs
Mary's Birthday: Winter 20th or 25th
Mary is the librarian in Mineral Town and she is the shy and nerdy type of girl who loves to read. Unlike many of the other girls you can court in the game Mary only recently moved to Mineral Town and she has no relatives in town; making her a bit of an outcast like your character.
Like Elli, Mary's affection is fairly easy to raise by collecting flowers and other wild items growing in the Forest and Mountains and bringing them to her. This is especially true during the Fall season where the majority of items you find fall into her 'loves' category. If you decide to court Mary, your rival will be Gray; the grandson of Saibara.
Below are all of the different Heart Levels you'll go through in Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. Each time you increase your Heart Level with a girl you'll be able to witness a unique event between you and her if you show up at the right place and at the right time. These events usually give you some text options when they occur, answering right will increase your Affection with her, answering wrong will lower it. Try telling the girl what she wants to hear.
Black (0 - 4999 Affection)
Purple (5000 - 19999 Affection)
Blue (20000 - 29999 Affection)
Green (30000 - 39999 Affection)
Yellow (40000 - 49999 Affection)
Orange (50000 - 59999 Affection)
Red (60000 - 65535 Affection)
Tips for courting your Girl
- Talk to the girls at Festivals during the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter for a lot of +Affection! This works for regular villagers too!
- You can give a girl multiple gifts each day to raise her heart level rapidly.
- You can wrap gifts at the Supermarket and give them to Girls for bonus Affection points.
- Marry the girl you want before year 3 otherwise your Rival can steal her away from you! You also have to watch all the Rival heart events or they won't be able to marry too.
- Giving a girl a present on their birthday will give you a huge +Affection boost!
Mary's Schedule (Everyday Except Monday)
6am - 10am Inside her house
10am - 4pm At the Library
4pm - 12am Inside her house
Mary's Schedule (Monday)
6am - 7am Inside her house
8am - 10am On Mother's Hill (If raining she stays inside)
11am - 1pm Inside her house
1:40pm - 4pm Inside the Supermarket
4:50pm - 12am Inside her house
Mary Loves These Gifts
Relaxation Tea Leaves