Pottery allows the player to make a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. There's such a wide range of things that it would be impossible to describe it all here =P - Much like with the other Tradeskills I have chosen a rather direct route to maxing out Pottery which will save the player a lot of time. If you'd like a less expensive route, try a Pottery guide from an earlier expansion.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
Before you get super into Pottery and pass 99 skill level I strongly recommend you visit West Freeport and complete the Apprentice Pottery Test. This quest will reward you with the Pottery Trophy which is extremely useful for those looking to maximize their potential in this Tradeskill.
Dream Infused Clay 1 - 102
All of this that you make you'll want to save for the next recipes we're going to make to reach 300.
Large Block of Magic Clay
Unfired Obsidian Scale Tonfa Ornament (322 Trivial)
I listed this item first despite it have a higher trivial than some of the other items just because it only uses a single Dream Infused Clay. Those of you who primarily want to save as much cash as possible while raising your skill to 300 will want to make this item.
1 Dream Infused Clay
1 Obsidian Scale Tonfa Ornament Sketch
Unfired Obsidian Scale Katana Ornament (308 Trivial)
2 Dream Infused Clay
1 Obsidian Scale Katana Ornament Sketch
Unfired Obsidian Scale Bulwark Ornament (328 Trivial)
3 Dream Infused Clay
1 Obsidian Scale Bulwark Ornament Sketch
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Pottery Trophy.