As you could probably imagine Jewelcrafting is generally used for making Rings, Earrings, Necklaces, Bracelets and things like that. Not every expansion adds in new goodies to craft but most of the more major expansions do! The best part about Jewelcrafting (in my opinion) is that the Jewelry can be both Prestige or Non prestige - most of the time the armor you craft is always Prestige but Jewelcrafting it's not always the case!
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill.
If you plan to take this Tradeskill seriously I highly recommend you stop early on for the Apprentice Jeweler Test. Completion of this test will reward you with a Trophy for the Jewelcrafting Tradeskill which gives you a % skill bonus. It's very important and completing it at an early rank in the Tradeskill saves a lot of time!
Pear Cut Taaffeite 1 - 300
Check the price of Taaffeites in The Bazaar and if they are the cheapest of the gems available then make these.
Pear Cut Prestidigitase 1 - 300
Check the price of Prestidigitase in The Bazaar and if they are the cheapest of the gems available then make these.
Pear Cut Miragestone 1 - 300
Check the price of Miragestone in The Bazaar and if they are the cheapest of the gems available then make these.
Pear Cut Alaris Gemstone 1 - 300
Check the price of Alaris Gemstone in The Bazaar and if they are the cheapest of the gems available then make these.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Jewelcrafting Trophy.