Tailoring in Everquest is used to craft Cloth and Leather armor for those who can use it throughout the game. Most of the modern day armor it crafts is basic Prestige gear when they take the time to raise the level cap. There's some other general rewards it has here and there that are decent. Regardless of its rewards raising it is required for other goodies like Artisan's Prize.
I also strongly recommend that you consider using a Draught of the Craftsman for this process. It's a potion you can purchase from the Daybreak store that gives you a 100% chance to return all failed Tradeskill components back to you. This will greatly reduce the overall cost of leveling the Tradeskill. Additionally, if the route you find on this page is too costly for you try one of my Tailoring Guides from an earlier expansion, they'll usually have much cheaper options available for reaching 300.
Before you get started with Tailoring I strongly recommend you stop early on between 50 - 99 and do your Tailoring Trophy Quest. It's easiest to do during these early levels of the Tradeskill and if you're going to take the Tradeskill seriously it'll be best to get it out of the way now.
Alternative Route: If Exquisite Animal Pelts, Immaculate Animal Pelts or Immaculate Silk & Exquisite Silk are cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Seeds of Destruction Tailoring Guide.
Alternative Route: If Flawless Animal Pelts and Flawless Silk are cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Secrets of Faydwer Tailoring Guide.
Alternative Route: If Superb Animal Pelts and Superb Silk are cheaper on your server I recommend you use my The Serpent's Spine Tailoring Guide.
Alternative Route: If Excellent Silk and Natural Silk is cheaper on your server I recommend you use my Dragons of Norrath Tailoring Guide.
Fantastic Hilt Wrap 1 - 282
Vendor all of the Fantastic Hilt Wraps that you make from doing this.
Fantastic Animal Pelt
Hickory Handled Shears
Fantastic Leather Gorget Template (488 Trivial)
Much like the Hilt Wraps before them, you'll want to vendor any of the Fantastic Leather Gorget Templates that you make. They aren't even used in any other recipes... They're kinda just useless items made for you to raise your Tradeskills!
Fantastic Animal Pelt
Fantastic Silk Gorget Template (488 Trivial)
Much like the Hilt Wraps before them, you'll want to vendor any of the Fantastic Silk Gorget Templates that you make. They aren't even used in any other recipes... They're kinda just useless items made for you to raise your Tradeskills!
Unexpanded Tailored Legendary Backpack (524 Trivial)
These Backpacks are one of the best ways for you to fill your inventory slots up but they'll need to be expanded before you can get the full use out of them. Since they are some of the best backpacks for you to get it means there'll likely always be a market for them on your servers Bazaar. To learn more about expanding these bags and how to use them follow this link.
You can sell these Backpacks in The Bazaar to make back all the money you spend on them (unless you fail a lot). I'd highly recommend that you only follow this route if you use a Draught of the Craftsman. That'll let you make as many of these as you can without suffering any loss from failures.
Fantastic Animal Pelt
Tailored Backpack Pattern
- After the Gates of Discord expansion pack goes live there's an alternative method to raising every Tradeskill in the game to 54. I believe these quests to be a waste of time, however, they teach you recipes that can't be learned anywhere else and for that reason must be done at least once to reach 350 Smithing. If you're interested in learning more about the GoD Tradeskill Quests then follow the link provided.
- If you choose to use a Draught of the Craftsman you'll have enough juice to max out two Tradeskills usually. So come prepared with a lot of materials before popping a pot!
- If you don't see any materials that you need listed in The Bazaar setup a Buyer on a day when you don't plan on playing much to buy the items you need. Mention in general chat what you're buying (and even pay double what the other barters ask to get peoples attention if you want). Maybe someone who is killing in the zones and reading general will offload their loot to you.
- Aside from the uses mentioned above it's useful for every player to max out all of their Tradeskills for tangible useful benefits. You can only acquire things like Artisan's Prize and Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke from maxing out your Tradeskills. Those of you whom are wondering if this is all even worth it, well now you know.
- Under "General" in the AA window get the Salvage AA as soon as you possibly can, preferably before you start raising all of your Tradeskills. It'll save you a lot of plat.
- As aforementioned every Tradeskill has a Trophy. Here is a list of all 6 quests for the Tailoring Trophy.