Crushbone - Post Mercenary Leveling Guide
Almost everyone knows Crushbone by now I would expect - if not this will be a perfect time for you to learn! To reach Crushbone take the Kelethin PoK book and head straight north.
Lower levels will want to hang out in the area just south of Trainer Hill, the spot around the area marked 5 - 9 on the map above. There's a bunch for you to kill around here and your Tank Mercenary will make quick work of anything that agros you.
When you start to level up more you'll want to slowly move into the zone further either northeast or northwest. Before you pull a mob be sure to right click it, target it and press C or just look at the color of the mob in your target window. As long as you're careful to not pull too many reds/yellows at once you won't have any trouble here.
The armor that drops in this zone will be worth a few gold to vendors and it's up to you if you'd like to loot any of it. I usually only recommend you loot items that can stack to sell to a vendor as that will save on inventory space and usually in the end will result in more money for less trips to the vendor.
Of course any Defiant Gear that you find which is usable you'll want to equip immediately. You need all the help you can get in these early levels! If you didn't already know as well, check the /claim window by typing /claim for anything that may be useful to you.
If you decide to stay in Crushbone into your mid to late teens the best place for you to slaughter some orcs is in the castle area which I have circled on the map above. In here you'll find the Throne Room which has Emperor Crush as well as a few other more tougher nameds you may want to avoid.
I'd recommend you leave Crushbone in your late teens or at level 20. Paludal Caverns is a great location to go after here since it's some of the best EXP and loot you can get with some of the weakest enemies you can fight too!
- Crushbone is found in the northern portion of Greater Faydark, the Wood Elf/High Elf noobie zone on Faydwer.
- These are some of the easiest mobs you can find in this level range
- At this point in time the Crushbone Belts/Shoulders quest would be a waste of time to do.
- This zone gets revamped during Hardcore Heritage (spring/summer) and will higher level during that time.
- If you're having trouble managing your Inventory Space I highly recommend you invest in some Extraplanar Trade Satchels which are 32 Slot Tradeskill Bags. Alternatively you could also buy Unexpanded Tailored Backpacks as well. Though, the Backpacks will likely be more expensive. Follow the links provided to learn more about each item.
- If you need more plat while leveling I strongly recommend you check out my How to make more plat while leveling by Bartering Guide. It'll give you a list of all the different items you should be keeping an eye out for to Barter/Sell!